Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tournament Season Begins! -- The Results!

Well, it's been a while since my last post and I've played in my first tournament of the season. After missing second place by only three strokes, I'm pleased to know that my practice sessions were not in vain. However, with only the first tournament in the books, this is no time to rest on my laurels!

This tournament did point out the areas that I need to step up the practice on. Specifically, my bunker play -- especially deep bunkers! Unfortunately, it was my uncanny ability to get in (my ball was a bunker magnet!) and inability to get out of the bunker in less than three shots which cost me bringing home the hardware in my tournament.

The unseasonable weather proved to add another difficult element to an already challenging course. High winds, cold temperatures and occasional rain affected the whole field of competitors and plumped up the scorecards -- and that was only the first day!

The second day was calmer, in both weather and scoring. The course played on the second day was more forgiving and that coupled with slightly warmer temperatures and noticeably less wind, gave way to a better scoring. It appeared that the bunker bug was contagious as my playing partner was infected.

Anyway, having passed initiation on the tournament season, it's back to the practice field and work on the things that bit me in the butt! Let's see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment