Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Review

Well, the reviews aren't rave, but encouraging. As previously mentioned, I took my practice to the course today during a play date with one of golf clubs I belong to. While a score of 93 shot on an unfamiliar course is not rave, it is encouraging due to the fact that it was cold, drizzly and it included a score of 10 on a Par 5 hole.


Another deciding factor is the mental aspect of your game in relation to your playing partners. My foursome consisted of myself, two veteran (non-practicing) players and a fairly new player. While golf is (and/or) should be an individual game, sometimes the woes of your partners can affect your game. During the latter part of our round, my two veteran (non-practicing) players started having increasing difficulty with their shot making and instead of trying to improve their play, they just refused to finish the hole. While I try to adhere to the notion that golf is an individual game between the player and the course only, it upsets me when players don't try and just give up. I'm sure a few of my wayward strokes can be attributed to the fact that I was mad at their lack of commitment.

All in all, I was satisfied with my play and looking forward to the serious competition in April. It looks like the practice transferred to the course -- for now! Back to the range!

1 comment:

  1. It's always bothered me when a player gives up on a hole. I confess that I have picked up before when I reached double-par. But I've only done that when the course was crowded and I was holding up play.

    ReplyDelete